LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, today announced the 2023 Top Companies List in the Philippines, which reveals the 15 best workplaces where professionals can grow their careers. The third annual edition of the list offers valuable insights into the in-demand skills and the most significant job functions in these companies that professionals can utilize to help them land job opportunities.
To put this list together, LinkedIn leveraged its platform data to rank companies based on eight pillars that have been shown to lead to career progression, namely the ability to advance, skills growth, company stability, external opportunity, company affinity, gender diversity, educational background, and employee presence in the country.
Information technology (IT) services and consulting firm Accenture emerged as the top company this year, followed by financial services firms Mynt (GCash) (#2) and Maya (#3).
Another IT services and consulting firm that made the list is Kyndryl (#8), while financial services companies Citi (#12) and Prudential (#14) also entered the top 15. Three large global manufacturers were featured on this year’s list, namely Philip Morris International (#4), Unilever (#5), and Procter & Gamble (#10). Food and beverage company Nestle (#15) made its third appearance on LinkedIn’s Top Companies list in the Philippines.
For the first time, utility company Aboitiz Power (#7), telecommunications corporation The Globe Group (#6), pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim (#13), outsourcing and offshoring consultancy services firm Sagility (#11), and software and technology solutions provider SAP (#9) made it to the list, signaling opportunities for professionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets in various companies and industries.
LinkedIn data reveals that the in-demand skills that the Top Companies in the Philippines are looking for in the IT services sector include Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Computer Security. Companies in the financial services sector are looking for skills such as Fintech, Artificial Intelligence, and Economics. Some of the largest job functions that these Top Companies are investing in include Engineering, Information Technology, as well as Customer Success, and Support.
“In this fast-evolving business environment, professionals seek guidance on the companies to work for that offer career growth and long-term success. The 2023 Top Companies list is filled with actionable insights and resources that help professionals at all levels discover job opportunities. Those interested in a specific company can now easily identify the skills and roles being hired for, connect with employees they know in their network, and follow the company to stay informed about future opportunities,” said Atul Harkisanka, Head of Emerging Markets and Country Lead for the Philippines at LinkedIn.
Philippine Top Companies say they place a high value on candidates with soft skills such as problem-solving and being creative and innovative. Based on a separate LinkedIn research, the most in-demand skills by Philippine employers include soft skills, such as customer service, management, and communications,
“Globe’s ongoing efforts in nation-building necessitate hiring individuals who are not only well-versed in technical competencies but also passionate about creating purposeful good. We need visionaries, advocates, disruptors, risk takers, problem-solvers–individuals with a heart for the Filipino people,” Renato Jiao, Chief Human Resources Officer of the Globe Group, said.
“Beyond assessing the technical capabilities, we look for talents excited to build game-changing innovations and improve the lives of the country’s unhappily banked, underbanked, and unbanked. We ensure the talent we’re looking for aligns with our mission, vision, and corporate values,” Charee Lanza, Chief People Officer of Maya added.
Below are tips from Atul on how to land a job at a Top Company based on interviews with hiring managers:
- Research the company: Get to know the company on LinkedIn by researching its company page, following key execs, reading articles, and engaging with their LinkedIn posts. Leverage your network and chat with people you know who are current or former employees. Get a feel for the culture, values, and benefits to see if they align with what you’re looking for.
- Show integrity and authenticity: Like most employers, leaders from our Top Companies list value integrity, so be honest and transparent. Talk about your strengths and where you’d like to grow and develop—and how the company will be able to help you achieve your goals. Authenticity is key, so be yourself. These companies value candidates who are not only a culture fit, but also a culture add.
- Demonstrate intent: Leaders from our Top Companies list encourage job seekers to apply for roles that align with their skills and career aspirations, even when they may not meet all the requisite criteria listed for the position. They see the potential in people and have the tools and resources to provide on-the-job training to help them grow in their roles. Demonstrate how you will contribute to the company and your willingness to learn and grow.
- Be curious: A common misconception among candidates is that if the Top Company is in the tech industry, they will employ people only from a technical background. While some roles might require these skills, they hire from various backgrounds and create opportunities for career mobility. If you are passionate, curious, action-oriented, and want to work at a place that is constantly changing and growing, they want to hear from you.
- Learn in-demand skills: If you want to land an opportunity quickly, keep an eye out for skills that are in demand that the Top Companies are hiring for. You can do this by following the Top Companies on LinkedIn and learning new skills on LinkedIn Learning.
- Don’t give up: Sometimes, not getting a role can often be a matter of timing rather than a reflection of the candidate’s skills or qualifications. So, if things don’t work out with your first application, don’t let it stop you from subscribing to job alerts and applying to other roles in the future. In some Top Companies, candidates apply for various roles before making it to the interview shortlist.
Here are the 15 firms that made it to the 2023 Top Companies Philippines list:
- Mynt (GCash)
- Philip Morris International
- Globe Group
- Aboitiz Power
- Procter & Gamble
- Boehringer Ingelheim