As businesses move their critical businesses online, business decision-makers should consider choosing trusted cloud service providers to manage their online footprint in a cost-effective, resilient yet secure way. This is according to Allen Guo, Country Manager for the Philippines, Alibaba Cloud Intelligence, who added that “cloud computing and data-based intelligent services are in a pivotal position to capture such growing demand and future trends in the post-pandemic world.”
For example, as businesses migrate existing on-premises workloads to the cloud or build cloud-native services, “they need to adopt a hybrid cloud approach. This enables companies to keep specific, oftentimes confidential information on-premise. At the same time, it enables them to scale their computation resources effectively and efficiently, should there be a spike in online visits or orders through the store due to unexpected reasons (such as a flash sale or other event), but without compromising their cyber exposure.”
Alibaba Cloud, the digital technology and intelligence backbone of Alibaba Group, is positioned to help businesses easily migrate to the cloud environment, by addressing these issues that may happen during cloud migration.
“We have a local team speaking to our clients daily to understand their actual needs and together come up with customized solutions,” Guo said. “On the digital talent front, since (2020), we have launched a series of training programs dedicated to providing the necessary training in IT. These include the Alibaba Academy Program, the Alibaba Cloud Partner Program, and the Alibaba Certificate Program. Alibaba Cloud aims to train 50,000 and certify at least 10,000 IT professionals by 2023 in the Philippines.”
As the world’s third-leading and Asia Pacific’s leading IaaS provider with multi-industry experience, Alibaba Cloud is well-positioned to help its partners grow their businesses and better transition to digital.
“Since the coronavirus outbreak, Alibaba Cloud has provided infrastructural and technical support to Philippine businesses and organizations in many industries, including retail, online learning, finance, media，logistics, and Information and Communications Technology (ICT),” Guo said.
Alibaba Cloud provides a suite of cloud computing services/products to empower customers with secure, reliable, and robust infrastructure to achieve business success, ranging from elastic computing, database, security, and network services to machine learning and data analytics capabilities.
Specifically, the company’s local competitiveness includes:
- Alibaba Cloud, the digital technology and intelligence backbone of Alibaba Group, where “we are looking to introduce more proven technologies to the market.”
- It launched its 1st data center last year. It offers a comprehensive suite of products and services that address vertical industry challenges.
- It has a local team speaking to its clients daily to understand their actual needs and together come up with customized solutions.
- It built a robust ecosystem with over 20 local partners and it has been offering localized solutions, along with leading technologies and domain expertise to serve the needs of digital transformation here.
- And it is “committed to digital talent empowerment and we look forward to growing together with our clients and partners and be their trusted partners on the digital transformation journey.”