Canon Inc., a player in digital imaging solutions, announced an expansion to its REALiS LCOS projector lineup. From small conference rooms to large lecture halls, the REALiS WUX5800Z, WUX6600Z, and WUX7000Z Laser Projectors and the REALiS WUX5800, WUX6700, and WUX7500 Lamp Projectors offer users WUXGA (1920 x 1200) high resolution, high brightness ranging from 5800-7500 Lumens and versatile connectivity including HDMI and DisplayPort terminals.
The newly designed models are also complemented by a centered lens mount that fits six interchangeable Genuine Canon lenses, including a unique Ultra Short Fixed Lens RS-SL06UW with an impressive short throw ratio (0.54:1) and large vertical lens shift (-15 percent ~ +75 percent) for outstanding installation flexibility.
All six new projector models share these key technologies/features:
- Superb Image Quality and WUXGA (1920 x 1200) Resolution: Canon’s renowned LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement, which incorporates three WUXGA high-resolution panels, combined with an advanced color management system allow the reproduction of bright, highly detailed and color-accurate images.
- High Brightness (5800-7500 Lumens): The three new Laser models offer brightness of 5800, 6600 and 7000 lumens, and the three new Lamp models offer brightness of 5800, 6700 and 7500 lumens, respectively.
- Compact Design with Center Lens Mount: Ideal for multi-projection and stacking, these projectors feature a compact design as well as a new one-touch robust “spigot type” center lens mount system, which helps ensure lenses can be quickly and securely installed to meet a wide range of applications including those used in demanding environments.
- Versatile Connectivity with DisplayPort and HDBaseT Terminals: These models include multiple industry-standard interfaces including HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI-I, as well as HDBaseT for enhanced installation flexibility and Wi-Fi connectivity – which can be used to operate the projector’s Network Multi Projection (NMPJ) function and Canon Service Tool for PJ free app.
- DICOM Simulation Mode: All models include a DICOM Simulation Mode which can be ideal for those in the medical education and training field who require displaying monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs with superb grayscale gradation. This mode, which offers both clear and blue-base color temperature presets, simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard.
REALiS WUX5800Z, WUX6600Z, WUX7000Z Laser LCOS Projectors
The WUX5800Z (5800 lumens), WUX6600Z (6600 lumens) and WUX7000Z (7000 lumens) are powered by a laser phosphor light source which provides long-life lasting operation of up to 20,000 hours, and all projectors are equipped with a “Longer Duration Mode” which is capable of achieving up to 40,000 hours of operation. Additional features include 360-degree installation on any axis, fast boot up time of approximately two seconds, wide color gamut and HDR compatibility for reproducing content with outstanding high contrast.
REALiS WUX5800, WUX6700 and WUX7500 Lamp LCOS Projectors
The WUX5800 (5800 lumens), WUX6700 (6700 lumens) and WUX7500 (7500 lumens) utilize a traditional lamp light source and achieve superb quietness at only 27 dB, suitable for installation environments that demand minimal noise such as schools, hospitals and art galleries.
RS-SL06UW, RS-SL03WF, RS-SL05WZ, RS-SL01ST, RS-SL02LZ and RS-SL04UL Interchangeable Lenses
Equipped with a simple, one-touch spigot mounting system, these projectors can utilize the six new Genuine Canon lenses, which all exhibit low distortion and offer flexible lens shift that helps support multi-stacking, blending and a variety of other advanced applications. These lenses have also been designed to help minimize brightness loss, thus eliminating the need to over-specify projector brightness to compensate for wide or long throw lenses, which can sometimes experience significant drops in brightness.