LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, recently published its list of the 2021 LinkedIn Top Companies in the Philippines for the first time. This annual guide identifies the best places for professionals to grow their careers. Many of these companies on the list are currently hiring, with more than 70,000 open roles in the Philippines.
Topping the Philippines’ list this year are Philippine National Bank (#1), Smart Communications (#2), Manila Water (#3), Philip Morris International (#4), and EY (#5). The rest of the list is dominated by companies whose products and services helped make people’s lives better during the pandemic — from financial services, food and beverage to telecommunications sectors. All companies invest in employee success, career development, and equity and inclusion to ensure they continue to be among the best workplaces for employee growth.
Chris Anderson, Senior News Editor, APAC, at LinkedIn, said: “The past year has presented extraordinary challenges for so many around the world and our Top Companies methodology reflects these realities. It helped us surface companies investing in employee growth as we navigate a world of work that’s forever changed by the global pandemic. We found the best companies that have put their employees first by implementing various policies around well-being and mental health and helped them get back on their feet through training and development programs.
Key trends from the Top Companies list include:
- PRIORITIZING SKILLS. Many of the Top Companies have made commitments and launched programs to develop employees’ skills to meet current and future job requirements. Recognizing that continuous learning is crucial in the future economy, Manulife Philippines (#7) provides all employees with opportunities for professional development throughout their journey in the company. These include on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching, in-house instructor-led learning sessions, and programs that support employees’ continuing education and development in industry-specific areas.
“We believe in continuous learning because curiosity and the desire to learn are ways by which we bring Think Big–one of our core values–to life. Recently, we launched Pursuit Learning Hub, an internal one-stop-shop for quick and easy access to learning resources, including a range of new content by LinkedIn Learning, to empower our employees globally to reach new heights, succeed, and embrace an always learning mindset,” Richard Bates, President and CEO of Manulife Philippines, said.
- RESILIENCE IN ESSENTIAL SERVICES. In the Philippines, companies in the financial services, telecommunications, and food and beverage industries dominate the list. The presence of four banks in the Top 10 such as Philippine National Bank (#1), LandBank of the Philippines (#6), Metrobank (#8), and BDO Unibank(#14), as well as telecommunications company Smart Communications (#2), and food and beverage companies such as Nestle (#10) and Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines (CCBP) (#11) reflect the strength and resilience of these sectors in the country during the COVID-19 pandemic. For its part, CCBP shared how the urgency to protect and support its employees, customers, local communities, and businesses at the onset of the pandemic helped them serve their customers.
“Our consistent and daily communications with our teams have helped everyone deal with the crisis and understand more about each other, our business, and our customers. The pandemic has helped us do things we never thought were possible–transitioning to a virtual workforce, rolling out full-scale remote learning, accelerating our agility and speed in e-commerce, and improving our decision-making. The crisis has brought us closer as a Coke Family–we have become more understanding and caring with one another, so we do not let anyone down,” Gareth McGeown, CEO and President of CCBP, said.
- SUPPORTING THEIR WORKFORCE THROUGH CHALLENGING TIMES. Employers in the essentials services sectors continue to be the workplaces of choice for professionals in the country. Overall, these companies are ahead of the game in supporting their talent pool, with programs for flexible work arrangements and employee well-being, among others. Manila Water rolled out programs to listen, respond, retool and reskill, to help employees deal with the impact of COVID-19.
“We realized that the pandemic is an unprecedented reality that we all need to face over an extended period. Consistent with our corporate value of ‘malasakit’ (compassion), these programs are the best expressions of our care for our employees who drive our business forward. Without our people’s commitment, we cannot deliver our service to our customers and create value for our stakeholders. In the darkest moment of uncertainty, we wanted to provide hope for our employees and, in doing so, help the country in our small way,” Janine Tan-Carreon, Corporate Human Resources Group Director of Manila Water, said.
Here are the companies on LinkedIn’s 2021 Philippines Top Companies list:
- Philippine National Bank
- Smart Communications
- Manila Water
- Philip Morris International
- LandBank of the Philippines
- Manulife Philippines
- Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines
- Macquarie Group
- NCR Corporation
- BDO Unibank