QNAP Systems announced that the dual-controller Enterprise ZFS NAS ES1640dc v2 has earned certification for Windows Server 2016, and is also supported in Hyper-V environments. This certification ensures that the Enterprise ZFS NAS is compatible with Windows Server 2016, making it a dependable storage for Hyper-V VMs and a parallel enterprise-grade file server.
The certified ES1640dc v2 is compatible with Windows Server 2016 x64 for firmware update capable, iSCSI interface, Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX), and Thin Provisioning (TP), providing highly-efficient storage to meet the requirements of Hyper-V environments.
In addition to interoperability between Hyper-V, the ES1640dc v2 provides high-availability storage featuring dual active controllers for near zero-downtime. With the power of Intel Xeon E5 processors and the advanced enterprise-ready functionality from ZFS, the ES1640dc v2 provides uncompromising reliability and outstanding capabilities in mission-critical tasks including file server, virtualization, VDI, backup, and video streaming workflows.
Other highlights of the Enterprise ZFS NAS ES1640dc v2 include:
- NVRAM w/ Copy-to-Flash, dual mini-SAS channel backup, SAS 12Gb/s-enabled
- 40GbE compatibility for massive data transmission potential
- Near-limitless snapshots and SnapSync for efficient disaster recovery
- Block-level data deduplication and in-line data compression
- Future-proof scalability, up to 1 PB total storage capacity