Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

All-in-One

Intel-powered local Android tablet brands launching soon

Intel is in talks with several Philippine companies regarding the production of local 7-inch Android tablets based on Intel’s processor.

or three weeks ending on October 9, 2013, Intel gives mall goers the chance to experience a wide range of devices powered by Intel – from notebooks, Ultrabooks and tablets to All-in-Ones (AIOs), 2-in-1s and smartphones – and shows them how to make the most out of their lives using technology.

Calum Chisholm, Intel Philppines Country Manager

Calum Chisholm, Intel Philippines Country Manager

This was revealed by Calum Chisholm, Intel Philippines Country Manager, during a press tour of the Intel Experience Zone in SM Megamall.

“By the first quarter of 2014 you will see three or four local brands of Android tablets [based on Intel],” said Chisholm, who declined to reveal the names of the brands.

The local tablet brands will be based on either the Medfield or Clover Trail+ processors under the Atom umbrella.

Chisholm also discussed the decreasing price of detachable tablets (computers that easily go from a notebook to a tablet in a snap) which could reach the price range of the once-hot netbooks towards the end of the year. A netbook today typically costs around Php15,000.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Tablets have been squeezing market share from netbooks. In fact, the netbook’s dwindling popularity has led Acer and Asus to stop making these mini-laptops.

Randy Kanapi, Intel Philippines Marketing Manager, adds that 2-in-1 devices will eventually become mainstream devices because of the convenience they offer. “It’s a tablet when you want it, and a notebook when you want it,” he noted.

Meanwhile, Chisholm revealed that there will be a lot of innovations coming from Intel in the future around tablets, phones, all-in-ones and detachables.

Early this year, the company launched it 4th generation Core processors. Touted as “the most scalable architecture in Intel history,” the new 4th generation Intel Core processor has been designed from the ground up for the Ultrabook, an Intel-invented category of laptops that are lighter, thinner and faster than traditional notebook PCs. But the chip is also made for portable all-in-ones, and traditional laptops and desktops.

With the 4th generation Core processors, “people will be able to experience every day computing approximately two times faster; systems can wake up approximately eight times faster and users will have to ability to edit and share HD video about 20 times faster than a similar 4-year-old computer.”

Intel Experience Zone Makes Computing Personal Again
Intel is bringing the latest computing innovations from IT brands Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Polaroid, Samsung, Sony and Toshiba,  closer to Filipino consumers through Intel Experience Zone (IEZ). Until October 9, 2013, Intel gives mall goers the chance to experience a wide range of devices powered by Intel – from notebooks, Ultrabooks and tablets to All-in-Ones (AIOs), 2-in-1s and smartphones – and shows them how to make the most out of their lives using technology.

Intel gives mall goers the chance to experience a wide range of devices powered by Intel – from notebooks, Ultrabooks and tablets to All-in-Ones (AIOs), 2-in-1s and smartphones – and shows them how to make the most out of their lives using technology.

Intel offers a vast selection of form factors that are designed to cater to different user personalities and to amplify their computing experiences.

“Intel has finally come full circle, having strengthened our presence in the computing space and pioneered many of the form factors we see here today. IEZ is a platform for us not only to bring our innovations closer to consumers, but also to show how these unique form factors can heighten the experiences of different user profiles and personalities. Through IEZ, we are also able to show them the exponential possibilities of what they can do using computing technology,” said Kanapi.

To give consumers more reasons to see the latest hits in technology at IEZ, prepaid load for all telecommunications networks will be given free of charge to registered participants during mall hours. A new campaign called the Intel Test of Time, which profiles users and matches them with the Intel-powered device that best suits them, is also ongoing until Oct.31 to complement the campaign.

IEZ is located at the Upper Ground Floor of SM Megamall Building A, as well as on the 2nd Floor of Festival Mall in Filinvest, Alabang and will run until October 10.

Like Us On Facebook

You May Also Like

Tablets

The HUAWEI MatePad 11.5”S comes with Huawei’s upgraded PaperMatte Display, delivering clear and crisp visuals while protecting users’ eyes.

Laptops

Powered by the Snapdragon X Elite, the device is the company’s first Copilot+ PC, with Windows AI features and a collection of exclusive ASUS...

MOBILE PRODUCTS

This year, upgrade their routine with these cool tech gadgets from Xiaomi that are both functional and fun.

Tablets

For users who love to use a portable gadget that isn't a laptop but needs a bigger display than a standard smartphone, the TechLife...

Tablets

The HUAWEI MatePad SE 11” 6GB + 128 GB variant, valued at PHP 8,999, will come with a flip cover (worth PHP 999) and...

Laptops

With exclusive access to the NVIDIA Studio platform of creative tools and tech, and Max-Q Technologies optimizing battery life, acoustics, and more, you’ve got...

Tablets

Designed with students in mind, the itel Vista Tab 30 offers a seamless blend of performance and convenience.

Tablets

From catching up on the latest series, tackling assignments, to staying connected with friends and family, the TechLife Pad is designed to enhance and...