2K today unveiled details on the new MAMBA MOMENTS mode coming to NBA 2K24. From monumental individual performances to gritty, hard-fought playoff wins, players can harness Kobe Bryant’s killer instinct on the hardwood by recreating seven playable moments from his illustrious career.
“The NBA 2K24 MAMBA MOMENTS were selected to celebrate Kobe and remember how he was the most unique competitor the world had ever seen,” said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at Visual Concepts. “Our team took great care in building a realistic and authentic experience to inspire and educate a new generation of basketball fans on the legacy of the lifetime Laker that left his mark on the sport.”
MAMBA MOMENTS introduces some of Kobe Bryant’s most iconic experiences, including:
- The NBA Three-Point Record. In 2003, Kobe’s record-breaking three-point shooting performance against the Seattle Supersonics, converting 12 of his 18 attempts from behind the arc.
- The King of Sac. Up 3-0 against the Sacramento Kings, Kobe slammed the door shut on the division rival’s postseason hopes with a remarkable 48 points and 16 rebounds. At just 22 years old, the then-three-time All-Star proved that the stage wasn’t too big for him.
- 62 Points, Three Quarters. Kobe exploded for 62 points in three quarters vs. Dallas in 2005, outscoring the entire Mavs team by himself and leading the Lakers to a blowout win in the process.
- Three-Point Barrage Leads to 65-Point Game. The Black Mamba’s 65-point effort on the road in Portland propelled the Purple and Gold to an overtime victory in March of 2007.
- 2010 NBA Finals Game 7. Looking to win back-to-back titles for the first time since the early 2000s, Kobe did a little bit of everything during his clutch close-out performance against Boston.
For full details on the on MAMBA MOMENTS in NBA 2K24 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam for PC, check out the latest Courtside Report. Stay tuned for additional deep dives in the coming weeks to reveal even more of what’s new in NBA 2K24.
NBA 2K24 is currently scheduled for release on September 8 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. For more information, please visit the NBA 2K24 official website.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K24 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.