Halo 3. The Orange Box. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. What do all these things have in common besides being epic timepieces? These gaming relics all made their red-carpet debut in 2007, like Alienware’s last AMD-based laptop, the Aurora mALX. Fast forward 14 years to present day, and game experiences have evolved quite a bit. Powering today’s blockbuster games requires serious performance and very few know what that requires better than our friends at AMD and NVIDIA.
Today, we start a new chapter with AMD announcing not one but two new gaming laptops — introducing the redesigned Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 and Dell G15 Ryzen Edition, both outfitted with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs.
Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5
Unrivaled visuals, high performance, and sleek design: the Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 represents the holy trinity of mobile PC gaming.
The new m15 combines cutting-edge technologies and new design features to deliver an uncompromised visual experience. Offering Alienware’s fastest displays on a 15-inch notebook ever, gamers can select up to QHD 240Hz or FHD 360Hz panels to deliver smooth gameplay. And as the first Legend 2.0-based Alienware notebook, gamers will be drawn closer into the gameplay thanks to a new design feature called Dark Core, which darkens the interior shade of the laptop to minimize distractions and keep your head in the game. All this visual goodness is powered by high-performance technologies, including:
- Up to AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series Mobile Processors and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs
- User-upgradeable 3200Mhz DDR4 memory for the first time on an Alienware 15-inch notebook
- First Alienware notebook finished with the new Silky-Smooth High-Endurance paint formula engineered for increased stain-resistance and premium surface feel
Finally, we can’t leave out the “cherry” on top – an optional ultra-low profile mechanical keyboard co-developed with Cherry MX that creates a distinctive typing experience and supports per-key RGB lighting. The Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 is available with select configurations on April 20.
Dell G15 Ryzen Edition
Dell is helping to bring AAA gameplay to the masses with the new 15-inch Dell G15 Ryzen Edition.
On the outside, it boasts a new look in a sleek form factor that sports a two-sided, narrow-bezel screen, and uses low VOC waterborne paint. On the inside, the new G15 is outfitted with an Alienware-inspired thermal design to maximize airflow for optimal cooling and heat dissipation. The complete makeover is fully furnished with game-ready features, including:
- Up to AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs and user-upgradeable 3200Mhz DDR4 memory
- “Game Shift,” a functional key unique to G Series which instantly cranks up cooling performance for intense gaming sessions
- 120Hz or 165Hz panels, with a 360Hz display coming later this spring; all featuring low-blue-light display hardware
In addition to the Dell G15 Ryzen Edition available on May 4, and a new Dell G15 with 10th Gen Intel Core processors will also become available in April.