SCG, a leader in building materials innovation and one of the leading business conglomerates in the ASEAN region, recently joined forces with Builk One Group to increase efficiency and minimize risks for small-scale contractors through a digital platform accessible to construction businesses. The partnership has a shared goal of increasing work efficiency and bringing about sustainable growth for the industry toward revolutionizing the ASEAN construction industry.
SCG Philippines Country Director – SCG Cement Building Materials Business Jakkrit Suwansilp said: “With the economic growth of the Philippines over the past years compared with other ASEAN countries, coupled with mega infrastructure projects by the government under the US$180 billion Build Build Build program, we are confident of many large, medium and small construction projects in the coming years. Our joint venture with the Builk One Group to provide platforms and services to contractors in the Philippines will aid the growth that’s expected to continue in the future. SCG will leverage its strengths of having a variety of construction materials, from ceiling systems to pre-cast walls to ready-built bathroom systems, to cater to the needs of our target customers. Our market trials have received great feedback from contractors and workers. We will continue to leverage these strengths while working closely with Builk to uplift the local construction industry further.”
Patai Padungtin, CEO and Co-Founder of Builk One, expressed his full support of the partnership: “We are confident that our capabilities and experience as an online platform developer for construction business management will help strengthen the local construction scene and help it catch up with global trends. Our most outstanding service is the online cost control system that allows construction operators to keep track of their business costs in real-time, allowing them to manage their businesses more efficiently. We also offer online transaction services for construction materials for contractors and after-sales services and CRM for construction materials resellers. Both SCG and Builk are committed to use our experiences and expertise to increase the efficiency of the construction industry in the Philippines.”
The joint venture has a registered capital of PHP25 million, with SCG holding a 70 percent stake and Builk holds the remaining 30 percent. The JV is set to begin operations in the first quarter of 2020, expecting to deliver high growth opportunities in the construction business.