Intel has announced the 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K, dubbed as the world’s best gaming processor. The announcement was made as part of a series of new desktop processor introductions that will enable performance and platform features to meet a range of consumer needs from gaming to content creation. New processors introduced include the first 9th Gen Intel Core processors, new Intel Core X-series processors and the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor.
The 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K brings an exceptional level of performance to the desktop product line, signified by the first Intel Core i9 brand in the mainstream desktop segment. All three of the 9th Gen Intel Core processors unveiled (i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K) enable fast, immersive experience for gamers, with up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency, and 16 MB Intel Smart Cache.
9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver performance, including unlocked “K” SKUs at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes for system expandability for gaming, creating and overclocking.
Improvements in this generation include:
- Enabling more than 220 FPS on three of the most popular global PC game titles.
- With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivering up to 5.0 GHz single-core frequency, gamers can enjoy their favorite games with up to 10 percent more FPS across popular gaming titles compared with the previous generation, as well as up to 37 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Capture game play, transcode and stream while playing. With this type of megatasking, gamers can enjoy up to 11 percent more FPS compared with the previous generation and up to 41 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Video editing improved on Adobe Premiere – Up to 34 percent faster video editing compared with the previous generation and up to 97 percent faster compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Overall system performance improved up to 15 percent better as compared with previous generation and up to 40 percent as compared with a 3-year-old PC11.
- Overclock3 these new processors with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), a precision tool for advanced overclocking, and take advantage of the additional thermal headroom with solder thermal interface material (STIM).
To realize the full potential of the new 9th Gen Intel Core processor, Intel is introducing the new Intel Z390 chipset. The Intel Z390 chipset includes high-speed integrated USB 3.1 Gen 2 and integrated Intel Wireless-AC with support for Gigabit Wi-Fi speed. The 9th Gen Intel Core processors are also compatible with all Intel 300 Series chipset motherboards for more consumer options.