Dell EMC extended a full range of enterprise-grade capabilities to its entry-level SC Series models, providing access to advanced storage technology for businesses of all sizes and budgets. The new Dell EMC SCv3000 arrays complete an end-to-end refresh of the overall SC portfolio, offering automation, integration and more shared capabilities with the larger SC Series products.
SCv3000 Series includes many of the SC operating system features that have made SC9000, SC7020 and SC5020 popular with a range of midrange storage customers. New capabilities now offered at the entry level include:
- Data Progression – enables true auto-tiering hybrid flash solutions with “0-100% flash” configuration flexibility
- Intelligent Compression – provides up to 93% reduction in required capacity.
- Full replication/federation with other SC Series arrays – investment protection with built-in roadmap to meet changing needs
- Live Migrate – seamless data mobility and load balancing at no extra cost
- Live Volume – volume-level auto-failover/auto-repair eliminates workload interruption during unexpected outages or disasters
- PS Series (EqualLogic) integration – cross-platform replication and unified management allows PS/EqualLogic customers to easily add SC to their existing environments
- Enterprise Chargeback, thin clones, remote replication
The SCv3000 hardware platform is also upgraded compared to the previous-generation SCv2000. New 6-core Intel processors, 2X the memory and 3X greater bandwidth result in a 50% performance boost, with tested maximums up to 270,000 IOPS .
SCv3000 arrays are customer-installable, lowering start-up costs, but are also supported by a range of ProSupport and ProDeploy services, including “Plus” versions – as well as the new Optimize advanced services option. Customers can choose from one of two new base array models (SCv3000 and SCv3020), and three new optional expansion enclosures (SCv300, SCv320 and SCv360). They can mix and match these building blocks to deploy up to 1PB raw capacity per array, using any combination of SSDs and traditional hard drives in 3.5” and 2.5” formats.
Multiple arrays can then be grouped in federated clusters with proactive load-balancing guidance and fast, wizard-based migration tools.Like other SC products, SCv3000 Series offers an expanding range of Dell EMC hardware and software integrations including VMware vSphere plugin support, along with support for VMware Virtual Volumes.
Support for Dell EMC data protection, storage management and availability products including Data Domain, PowerPath, RecoverPoint, VPLEX, ViPR and more assure customers their SCv3000 arrays will continue to drive mixed-workload success in a variety of changing ecosystems, both now and as their businesses evolve.
Dell EMC SCv3000 Series storage arrays are already available with a starting price of under $10,000 (US$).